The Open Book



Do you love to read? Do you love to scrap? Does the idea of combining those two things make you giddy with excitement? If so, then you're in luck!

Welcome to a new challenge series, The Open Book Challenges. The Open Book Challenges are a series of bi-monthly scrapbooking challenges based on the books we've read and loved. Each challenge provides you with multiple prompts, both design- and content-based. Feel free to use them one at a time or combined; the choice is yours! Although we're offering no prizes, we do hope you'll join us every two weeks, as we share one of our favorite books with you and offer you scrapbooking challenges to go along with it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am really really excited about this brand new challenge Audrey is hosting on her blog!! It combines two things I am pretty passionate about. Scrapbooking and reading!!

I am sad to say that this year has been one of the worst years for me as far as reading :( I always try to read a little bit everyday, but lately by the end of the day I am just so tired I can hardly finish a page!! I have been reading the same book since February....yes February!! So I am keeping my fingers crossed that this challenge will be that push I need to jump start my total lack of reading!!

The first challenge was posted today, and you can check it out here - Challenge #1: The Help.

Here is the layout I created using two of the prompts from the challenge. 1. Use birds on your layout and 3. Use the following color scheme, taken from the book cover:

credits: template, ChrissyW; yellow paper, Audrey Neal - butterfly fancy; bird paper, DHD Spring Fling; purple paper,Audrey Neal/Paislee Press New Leaf;Word Art - Audrey Neal/Paislee Press-Photogenic

So definitely check it out and please please please play along :) It should be a lot of fun!!!

Comments

Popular Posts