}

October 17, 2013

How to modify a PL template

I always love when people ask questions here, but feel like the answers go unanswered or missed. So I thought I would take a few minutes to share the answer to this question Elisabeth asked last week.

For my last two Project Life layouts I have used this same "modified" template and pretty much love it!



Since I used a very similar title card each week to give my album a cohesive look, I always use a template with a 4x6 slot in the upper left hand corner. I also have been loving the smaller sizes on the newer templates, the 4x4 squares that are perfect for Instagram photos.

To make this new template I have been using Template A & Template K and taking the bottom row of squares off of K and replacing the bottom row of 4x6's on template A. Make sense!?

If not here is a little step by step:

Open both Template A and Template K in PSE (this is the program I use...you can use anyone you have!)


 In the layers palate, highlight the bottom 3 squares on template K
(hold the shift key while clicking with your mouse, to highlight multiple layers )
 drag the 3 highlighted layers to Template A
 Now the 3 square layers are a part of template A
In the layers palate deselect both bottom 4x6's.
The little square with an eye in it (sorry I don't know the correct term...lol) on each layer in the layers palate, will turn the visibility of each layer on & off.
 and now you have a new template with 2 4x6 at the top and 3 4x4's at the bottom :)
I hope that makes sense & gives you some tips on how to modify your own PL templates to make it work for you! Because in all honesty that IS what Project Life is all about :)



Pin It!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for posting this. I had no idea you could drag layers from template to template. This opens up so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I tried once to do this and it pulled in all the layers as one layer.....must have done something wrong...going to try this again tonight! yay! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover