Influenced by...

Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another.
--George Eliot

I saw on the Today show this morning that Time magazine launched its 100 most influential people of 2005 . So I tought what better time than now to pay tribute to the influential people in my life!!

1.My boys
Dylan and Drew have given me a whold new perspective on life. They have taught me things I never imagined I would learn in my life. They have showed my a whole new word, a world I would not want to miss for one minute. They have showed me the meaning of true unconditional love. Everyday they make me want to be a better person, a better mother.

2. My husband
John is my knight in shinig armor. He comes home everyday from work to rescue me from sometimes overwhelming days with the boys. He shows me unconditional love, and has taught me to love again after years of dating and heartbreak. He loves me for me and not what I look like in the morning (which I know is pretty scary sometimes!!)The waqy he takes care and plays with the boys, in beautiful. I could not have asked for a better man to raise our two boys.

3. My mom
My mom has been first and foremost the most influential person in my life. She raised me on her own and provided me with everything I could ever ask for. She taught me to be the person I am today. She makes me want to be a mom like her, to be a better person. I owe everything I am to my mom, and even today I look to her for guidance.

4. My Grandma
My Grandma just passed away last December and my life has not been the same since that day. Grandma was a second mother to me, someone I knew would always be there to love me and share a puzzle or a card game. Her happy uplifting spirit fulled my life with special happy moments. Even the time we spent together just watching TV was special.

5. Melissa (my summer sister)
Melissa and I have been together since birth. An only child like me, we shared all of our childhood togehter, expecially the summers. Melissa is the best summer sister anyone could ask for. When we were little I looked up to her, and I still do today. She is such an amazing woman and I only hope that whithin my life I can be as amazing as she it!

6. Isa
Isa my friend from far away, who keeps in touch and reminds me what it is like to have a true friend. She has made me want to keep in touch with all of my frindes so nearby that I have lost touch with. If we can keep in touch and be so far away, why can I not seem to do it with the people who are nearby!?! She is such a positive influence in my life everyday, sharing her familys joys and photos with me. I am so lucky to have gotten to know her and be her friend.

7. Jamie
Jamie is one of my dearest friends and has been since we were in elementary school. She has been through a lot of personal ups and downs in the past year or so, and yet remains the most beautiful happy person. Today we live far away from each other and I miss seeing her and being able to talk to her everyday. I know that she is doing what she needs to do and if what makes her happy. Jamie has had such a profound roll in my life and in many ways has made me a better person, just by knowing her.

8. Tara Whitney

Tara is someome who I have not met personally but she had such an influence on me and my scrapbooking. She shares her layouts, photos and stories at two peas and on her blog. She has such a beautiful style and such a way with words. Looking at her layouts makes me want to be a better scrapbooker and photographer. Reading her blog made me want to start one too. She can write about the most mundane things and make them seem extraordinary. One day I hope I will meet this talented woman, until then I will be inspired by her from afar.

9. Ali Edwards

Ali is also someone I have never met personally but she has also had a huge influence on my scrapbooking. Like Tara she shares her layouts photos and stories at
two peas and on her blog. Ali has also written an amazing book on scrapbooking that has had such a wonderful influence on my own scrapbooking. Ali has a wonderful way of capturing the everyday moments of life and turning them into beautiful scrapbook layouts. Like Tara, I hope one day I will meet Ali and tell her what an influence she has had on my scrapbooking!

10. Last but not least---Two Peas in a Bucket
Two peas in not just one person, but many women coming together to share their love of scrapbooking. It is not only the scrapbooking, but the relationships that I have made there that has influenced my life.It is my little escape from long days stuck at home and has made me happy even on the worst of days. I am so greatful for all the wonderful and talented women I have met, and continue to meet there.

Comments

  1. this is so nice jennifer! i am sure isa is very proud to be on this list..she is the sweetest person ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, what you wrote made me cry ! Honnest. This is the sweetest thing I have ever read.I'm really touched.
    And Thanks to Missy too to say that about me !
    That made my day !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts